We’re all born wanderers; where you choose to go is up to you.
A natural curiosity forms an essential element of the human spirit, and to cage it is to extinguish a part of who we are. We write with anticipation of a day where no curiosity goes unfounded and every impulse to live, to learn, and to grow becomes ignited. Will you stand by us?
Manifesto of the Independent Traveller
- We escape definition. No borders, languages, ethnic lines, nor religious beliefs can divide us. We are not simply citizens of the world, we are the people of the world.
- We wander to learn, but first, we must learn to wander.
- We travel slowly and purposefully.
- We trudge along paths near and far. Surprises lie even in the most familiar of places.
- We avoid “must-sees” and “must-dos”. Every journey is unique and what works for one doesn’t work for all.
- We don’t count border crossings, only experiences and friendships. People and moments are all that truly matters.
- We know we can’t always blend-in, only that we should always show respect.
- We are not united by the length of our journeys. Long or short, our travels still inspire us.
- We do not let budgets divide us. Getting by on ten dollars a day is no more noble than travelling in comfort.
- We travel unbounded for a love of freedom, but never let our freedom negate our responsibility.
- We know that even when a journey ends, it’s never really over.
As long as there are still roads to roam, may these simple words bond us together and forever ring true. Join our indie travel revolution and never again will you be alone unearthing the unknown. Indie travellers of the world: unite!