If you’ve just started your search for where to stay in Singapore (and if you’re one of the three humans on earth who hasn’t seen Crazy Rich Asians), you’ll already know that the best luxury hotels in Singapore are among the best in the world to indulge.
Whether you want to experience the iconic skyline views from Marina Bay Sands or colonial-era hospitality at Raffles Hotel, get your Singapore luxury accommodations search started with these unmissable top 5-star hotels in Singapore…
Table of Contents
- Best Singapore luxury hotels: Top 5-star accommodations
- Marina Bay Sands
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel
- Raffles Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel
- JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach
- Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
- Andaz Singapore
- Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
- The St. Regis Singapore
- The Ritz-Carlton Millenia, Singapore
- Capella Hotel Singapore
- W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Summary: The top 5-star hotels in Singapore
Best Singapore luxury hotels: Top 5-star accommodations
Marina Bay Sands
It’s impossible to talk about Singapore luxury hotels without Marina Bay Sands immediately entering the conversation. This brilliant 5-star, opened in 2010, is the largest hotel in Singapore with over 2,500 rooms spread over a trifecta of 55-floor towers.
With all of those guests, you’d be correct to assume that Marina Bay Sands is chock-loaded with amenities. The star of the show is the 150-metre-long rooftop infinity pool, the highest of its kind in the world, delivering electric views over top of Singapore including the magnificent Gardens by the Bay. Also on the boat-shaped 57th-floor rooftop is the Sands SkyPark Observation Deck, accessible to guests and to the public for a small fee.
The barrage of eating & drinking options at Marina Bay Sands (and the connected Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands) leave guests with a staggering array of choices. Celebrity chefs are well-featured here including restaurant selections from the likes of Gordon Ramsay and Wolfgang Puck. Washing down your evening meal with a nightcap at Ce La Vie, the hotel’s famous rooftop club, is equally popular among guests and well-to-do locals.
- Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Marina Bay
- Amenities: ArtScience Museum, infinity pool, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, casino, Sands SkyPark Observation Deck, Banyan Tree Spa, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: CUT (Wolfgang Puck), Bread Street Kitchen (Gordon Ramsay), Long Chim (David Thompson), Waku Ghin (Tetsuya Wakuda), Pizzeria Osteria Mozza (Mario Batali), DB Bistro & Oyster Bar (Daniel Boulud), Spago (Wolfgang Puck), Ce La Vie, Sky on 57
- Closest MRT: Bayfront MRT
The Fullerton Bay Hotel
Located on the CBD side of Marina Bay, The Fullerton Bay Hotel charms guests as one of Singapore’s finest luxury hotels in one of the city’s most coveted locations. Built over the historic Clifford Pier, this six-storey hotel fuses heritage with modernity. Its elegance is immediately palpable from the grand arches & towering chandeliers in the dining area to the rosewood-infused guest rooms.
With only 100 rooms over six storeys, it’s one of the smaller 5-star hotels in Singapore. Don’t let it fool you though: The Fullerton Bay Hotel offers plenty for guests.
On-site eating & drinking options here include the traditional French cuisine of La Brasserie and the after-hours cocktails at the rooftop Lantern Bar. The views from the rooftop bar and the adjacent outdoor pool are worth the stay alone!
For exploring some of Singapore’s highlights, the historic Singapore River district (including the famous nightlife haunt of Clarke Quay), the Merlion statue, and the famous Gardens by the Bay are all a short walk away.
- Address: 80 Collyer Quay, Marina Bay
- Amenities: Fitness centre, rooftop pool, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: La Brasserie, Lantern Bar, The Landing Point
- Closest MRT: Raffles Place MRT
Long before Singapore’s modern luxury hotel scene exploded, Raffles Hotel has been atop more traveller wishlists than we could count. And it’s hardly a surprise: This top-notch 5-star hotel has been welcoming guests for 130 years including a formidable roster of celebrities and dignitaries.
At first glance, the grandeur of Raffles Hotel is evident. The historical building charms with an elegant façade that fully captures a long bygone era in Singapore’s history. The sophistication continues to the interior as vaulted ceilings and towering columns greet guests.
Besides the hotel’s legendary hospitality and graceful rooms, Raffles Hotel is perhaps most famous for inventing the city’s signature drink, the Singapore Sling. Even if you choose to stay elsewhere, you can pop into the hotel’s popular Long Bar for a sip of the original drink that took the world by storm.
- Address: 1 Beach Road, City Hall
- Amenities: Spa, swimming pool, fitness centre, 24-hour butler service, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Long Bar, Tiffin Room, The Grand Lobby
- Closest MRT: City Hall MRT
Mandarin Oriental Singapore
Located on the northern shores of Marina Bay, the Mandarin Oriental Singapore is one of the top luxury hotel choices in Singapore for business travellers. Not only is this 5-star hotel a short drive to Singapore’s central business district, it also hosts a wide array of amenities for professionals including a business centre and several full-service meeting rooms.
Much like its sister properties elsewhere in Asia, the Mandarin Oriental Singapore charms guests with spacious rooms decorated with a distinctive Asian flair. Floor-to-ceiling windows shine in some of the city’s finest views over the glitzy Marina Bay district and CBD.
As much as you’ll love relaxing in your room, the real treat of staying at the Mandarin Oriental is the outdoor pool. Curl up in a private poolside cabana and chill out to some superb city views before retiring to one of the seven on-site dining options including popular Dolce Vita, serving some of Singapore’s yummiest Italian cuisine.
- Address: 5 Raffles Avenue, Marina Square, Marina Bay
- Amenities: Swimming pool, spa, business centre, fitness centre, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Melt Cafe, Dolce Vita, MO BAR, Cherry Garden
- Closest MRT: City Hall MRT
Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
While many of the top luxury hotels in Singapore reside in the Marina Bay, Shangri-La Hotel Singapore bucks the trend with its blissful property in the glamorous Orchard neighbourhood. For luxury shoppers, this is one of the top places to stay in Singapore as the city’s finest shopping malls and fashion boutiques lie within a stone’s throw from the hotel.
The Shangri-La Hotel Singapore sits upon 15 acres of tropical gardens, offering more an urban resort feel than a run-of-the-mill hotel. Along with the expansive outdoor oasis including a relaxing pool area and open-air greenhouse, the hotel features a handful of fantastic amenities including a 24-hour fitness centre and a spa.
Thanks to the hotel’s family floor and kid-friendly play centre, the Shangri-La Hotel is also one of the best luxury hotels in Singapore for families. Foodies will also be well-served here with several on-site dining options including the Michelin-starred Cantonese fare of Shang Palace.
- Address: 22 Orange Grove Road, Orchard
- Amenities: Swimming pool, spa, fitness centre, shuttle bus, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Shang Palace, The Line, NAMI Restaurant, Waterfall Ristorante Italiano, The Lobby Lounge, ShopHouse
- Closest MRT: Orchard MRT
The Fullerton Hotel
Not to be confused with its sister property a few steps away, The Fullerton Hotel is the older, and more well-known, of the two siblings. Situated in an almost century-old post office, The Fullerton charms guests instantly with its graceful façade and interior.
As you’d expect from one of the top-rated luxury hotels in Singapore, The Fullerton Hotel awards its patrons with dramatic views over the city and the Marina Bay area from its rooms, the mezzanine-level infinity pool, and the rooftop Italian restaurant & bar, The Lighthouse.
The hotel’s location at the mouth of the Singapore River is one of the best among the city’s top luxury accommodations. Within a quick walk, you can experience the delicious riverside restaurants of Boat Quay, the nightlife of Clarke Quay, or the delights of Marina Bay.
Opt for one of the newly-renovated rooms (if possible) to get the most out of your stay.
- Address: 1 Fullerton Square, Marina Bay
- Amenities: Infinity pool, fitness centre, spa, business centre, heritage walking tours, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Post Bar, The Lighthouse, The Town Restaurant
- Closest MRT: Raffles Place MRT
JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach
Blending elegant style with eye-catching modern design, the JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach is a show-stopper among Singapore’s top 5-star hotels. The hotel is a landmark unto its own, filling out the Singapore skyline with distinctively-wavy wire-framed architecture that fits perfectly within the city’s arts & culture district.
The high-style of the JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach continues from the exterior to the interior. Inside your room, you’re met with a grand contemporary space, featuring high ceilings, spectacular city views, and large & stylish marble bathrooms fitted with electronic bidets, deep soaker tubs, and rain shower stalls for your relaxation.
To take your stay to the next level, don’t miss out on the chance to experience all the hotel’s 5-star amenities to their fullest.
The JW Marriott Hotel Singapore South Beach is host to several bars & restaurants including the modern Japanese cuisine of Akira Back, and the haute Cantonese of Madame Fan by Michelin-nodded restauranteur Alan Lau.
For an extra dose of luxury, the property is also home to two sky gardens, two infinity pools, a fitness centre, and a full-service spa.
- Address: 30 Beach Road
- Amenities: Infinity pools, sky gardens, fitness centre, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Akira Back, Beach Road Kitchen, The NCO Club – Madame Fan, Court Martial Bar, Tonic, The NCO Club – Cool Cats, The NCO Club – Stags’ Room
- Closest MRT: Esplanade MRT
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport
If you’ve got an early morning flight out of Singapore (or are arriving late) and don’t want to skimp on the luxury, set your sights on the Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. Connected directly to Terminal 3 of Changi International Airport, this 5-star hotel is as convenient as it is luxurious.
For weary travellers, the location of Crowne Plaza Changi Airport is perfect. It’s a short walk away from the arrival and departure gates and The Jewel, a stunning bio-dome within the airport terminal itself featuring the awe-inspiring and insanely-Instagrammable Rain Vortex, the world’s tallest indoor waterfall.
Decked out with stylish furnishings and spacious modern bathrooms (with separate soaker tubs and showers), the rooms here are impressive. The amenities, however, push the Crowne Plaza to take top spot among the best hotels near Changi International Airport.
Staying here, you’ll get the chance to enjoy one of two on-site restaurants. For a selection crossing both East and West, head to Azur or grab a quick lunch at the Crystal Jade Pavilion. For after-dinner drinks, sip on cocktails at bar75 or at the exclusive Executive Club Lounge (if you opt for one of the hotel’s executive rooms). To snag an extra dash of relaxation on your layover, slip into a robe and relish in a relaxing massage at the Crown Plaza’s spa.
- Address: 75 Airport Boulevard (Terminal 3 Changi International Airport), Changi
- Amenities: Indoor pool, outdoor pool, fitness centre, spa, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Azur, Crystal Jade Pavilion, bar75, Executive Club Lounge
- Closest Station: Changi International Airport
Located near the districts of Kampong Glam and Bugis, Andaz Singapore offers guests an up-close glance at city’s historical & cultural scene unlike the score of luxury hotels clustered about the Singapore CBD and Marina Bay.
As you approach Andaz Singapore, you’re immediately summoned by the hotel’s eye-catching honeycomb design, hinting at the unique architectural features that await inside.
From the guestrooms to the common rooms, architect Andre Fu draws inspiration from local Singaporean culture, playing with rich wood tones and modern lines. Like the properties elsewhere within Hyatt’s now-famous “concept” hotel brand, Andaz Singapore features a floor-to-ceiling windows with spectacular city views along with rain-shower-equipped bathrooms.
For guests’ relaxation, Andaz Singapore offers several eating & drinking options. The most popular and impressive are Mr. Stock, a rooftop bar with panoramic sky views, and Alley on 25, the hotel’s culinary hub perched on the 25th floor.
- Address: 5 Fraser Street
- Amenities: Rooftop infinity pool, 24-hour fitness centre, rooftop bar, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: 665°F, Alley on 25, Auntie’s Wok and Steam, Bar Square, Mr. Stork, Teppan Chef’s Table
- Closest MRT: Bugis MRT, Bras Basah MRT
Four Seasons Hotel Singapore
Nestled along leafy Orchard Boulevard, Four Seasons Hotel Singapore is a superb choice for luxury travellers wanting to escape the bustle of the CBD without sacrificing style.
Like all the properties in its brand, Four Seasons Singapore goes the extra mile with its service and design. The spacious rooms shine in Singapore city views through large bay windows and feature cavernous marble-laden bathrooms. The hotel amenities are similarly elegant, blending rich wood grains tinged with Oriental sophistication and modern comforts.
Although nearby Orchard Road and ION Orchard are prime destinations for foodies in Singapore, the on-site restaurants & bar at the Four Seasons are no slouches either. Enjoy authentic Cantonese at the Michelin-starred Jiang-Nan Chun or Asian-Provençal fusion cuisine at One-Nighty for the perfect night in. If a quiet drink in is more your style, sipping on a handcrafted cocktail at One-Nighty Bar will leave you equally spirited.
This top-notch 5-star Singapore hotel is also the perfect destination for shopoholics visiting the city. It’s located just steps away from Orchard Road, home to top upscale fashion boutiques and some of the best shopping malls in Singapore.
- Address: 190 Orchard Boulevard, Orchard
- Amenities: Outdoor pool, spa, outdoor lap pool, tennis courts, 24-hour business centre, 24-hour gym, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Jiang-Nan Chun, One-Ninety, One-Ninety Bar
- Closest MRT: Orchard MRT
The St. Regis Singapore
For the ultimate Singapore luxury hotel experience, there’s no substitute for The St. Regis Singapore. With its world-famous St. Regis Butler Service and army of Bentley-driving chauffeurs, this legendary hotel chain charms guests with unmatched 5-star service and an impeccable attention to detail at every point in your journey.
Unlike many of the city’s other luxury accommodations, the rooms at The St. Regis Singapore lean more towards traditional style than modern. They’re beset with an unmistakable regal European flair from the stately furnishings to the opulent marble bathrooms.
Crafting your own culinary tour through the hotel’s exquisite restaurants is equally beguiling. Whether it’s French-Asian fusion at Brasserie Les Saveurs, inspired poolside Italian dining at LaBrezza or haute Cantonese at Yan Ting, there’s a little something for every set of a tastebuds here.
Besides all the requisite Singapore luxury amenities—from indoor & outdoor pools to its award-winning Remède Spa—The St. Regis Singapore also hosts a prestigious private art gallery featuring masterpieces from a smattering of popular international artists.
- Address: 29 Tanglin Road, Orchard
- Amenities: Indoor pool, outdoor pool, art gallery, butler service, Remède Spa, indoor tennis courts, 24-hour fitness centre
- Food & Drink: Brasserie Les Saveurs, LaBrezza, Yan Ting, The Drawing Room, Astor Bar
- Closest MRT: Orchard MRT
The Ritz-Carlton Millenia, Singapore
Sitting on the edge of Marina Bay, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore offers city views as iconic as its accommodations experience. Each room at this top Singapore luxury hotel is well-appointed with light wood tones, soothing colours, and massive bay windows that peer out over the bay and the Singapore CBD.
Elsewhere at The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore, one of the top Marina Bay hotels, indulging in the finer things in life isn’t difficult.
Whether its chowing down on upscale Cantonese cuisine at the Michelin-starred Summer Pavilion, tasting local favourites at the colonial-inspired Colony, chilling out to a relaxing massage at The Ritz-Carlton Spa or browsing contemporary art in the hotel’s own private collection, you won’t leave with an empty stomach, a fill of culture, or an ounce of tension.
For sightseeing and experiencing Singapore to its fullest, The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore is located within quick walking distance of Singapore Flyer, Gardens By the Bay, and The Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay.
- Address: 7 Raffles Avenue, Marina Bay
- Amenities: Swimming pool, art gallery, 24-hour gym, spa, free WiFi
- Food & Drink: Colony, Summer Pavilion, Chihuly Lounge, Club Lounge
- Closest MRT: Promenade MRT
Capella Hotel Singapore
To escape the busy streets of Singapore, zip down to Sentosa Island for a night (or two) at the Capella Hotel Singapore. Nestled in the rainforests of Sentosa, this 5-star resort is one of the finest places to stay in Singapore for experiencing the city-state’s quieter side.
Among all of our top picks for the best luxury hotels in Singapore, no property is a better choice for families than the Capella Hotel.
The hotel features three outdoor swimming pools that’ll delight children and parents alike. The prime Sentosa Island location puts some of top attractions in Singapore for kids within short walking distance including Universal Studios Singapore.
On top of being one of the best hotels on Sentosa Island, Capella Singapore is also located next to the prestigious Sentosa Golf Club where Capella guests can book priority tee times.
- Address: 1 The Knolls Sentosa Island
- Amenities: Outdoor pools, library, spa,
- Food & Drink: The Knools, Cassia
- Closest MRT: Harbourfront MRT Station
W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
Like the brand’s other properties around the world, there’s no funkier place to stay among the top Singapore luxury hotels than W Singapore – Sentosa Cove. This 5-star property, located in a quieter corner of Sentosa Island, is perhaps hippest & among colourful luxury accommodation choices in the city-state.
Like the nearby Capella, W Singapore – Sentosa Cove is a fantastic option for families visiting Singapore. The hotel has a distinctive resort feel, featuring a mega-sized outdoor swimming pool with private cabanas (equipped with an iPod and iPad) and views towards the South China Sea. The Sentosa Island location also puts kid-friendly attractions like KidZania Singapore and Universal Studios Singapore at your fingertips.
For some evening relaxation during your stay at W Singapore, grab an inspired cocktail at WOOBAR, a soothing massage at AWAY® Spa or sweat out some laksa at the sauna.
- Address: 21 Ocean Way, Sentosa Island
- Amenities: 24-hour WET® pool, FIT, AWAY® Spa, business centre, free wiFi
- Food & Drink: SKIRT, The Kitchen Table, WOOBAR
- Closest MRT: Harbourfront MRT
Summary: The top 5-star hotels in Singapore
- Craving a top-notch modern luxury hotel? Look no further than the already iconic Marina Bay Sands.
- Want a taste of classic Singaporean hospitality? Check out the newly-renovated and re-opened Raffles Hotel, one of the most famous historical luxury hotels in the city.
- Need an urban getaway? Situated on a tropical oasis, the Shangri-La Hotel Singapore is one of the city’s best luxury escapes.